Butcherblock Countertops vs Glass Countertops
Many of our customers like to compare different countertop types as it allows them to make an informed decision based on the pros & cons of the different materials. Although we love glass as a material for countertops, today we’ll be taking objective comparison between butcherblock countertops and glass countertops.
- Beautiful wood surface that is very appealing to classic style & modern kitchens.
- Because they are basically large cutting boards fixed to your countertop, they are ideal for food preperation & baking.
- The wood surface is great for protecting against cuts, chips, & cracks unlike many other solid surfaces.
- Butcherblock can be re-surfaced and re-finished years later to restore their appeal.
- Like most wood surfaces they require sealing & many times re-sealing years later
- Again following suit with most wood surfaces, these countertops are very susceptible to stains, burns from hot materials.
- Water can be especially troublesome for butcherblock countertops, if repeatedly wet (like around the sink area) the quality of the wood can be compromised over time.
- Butcherblock should also be oiled several times a year to maintain it’s natural beauty.
- There are limited types of wood that should be used for butcherblock, leaving little room for customization of the look.
- Glass countertops are very customizable in terms of colors, surface treatments, & edging.
- Glass countertops are non-porous and do not stain easily.
- They are very low maintenance (don’t require any treatments for the lifetime of the product) and are easy to clean.
- They offer many different lighting and underlighting options that are both practical and stylish.
- Glass countertops are a beautiful look for any modern kitchen.
- They are highly heat resistant and are almost impossible to crack.
- Glass countertops can be scratched, although our counters are not scratched easily.
- They are more expensive than many other surfaces, the price is comparable to granite.
- Although chipping or cracking is rare (almost impossible with our surfaces), repairs can be tricky.
- Finding high quality glass countertop manufacturers are rare, lucky you found CBD Glass the #1 name in glass countertops!
If you’d like to learn more about glass countertops and how they stack up to other surfaces contact CBD Glass today!